Before we go to our iTrain discussion, I just want to thank God for the great day we had this Friend Day at High Street. I loved walking around church and being introduced to the friends who had been invited. Some people made decisions to accept Jesus Christ. There is nothing sweeter than that. We also enjoyed a wonderful time during the “Cardboard Testimony Parade”. It is amazing how profound summary statements of how God has made a difference in our lives scribbled on simple cardboard can be. I was truly blessed to be able to celebrate God’s goodness with others. No doubt the witness presented will continue to impact people in the coming days and weeks.
Philippians 4:1-9 is one of the riches passages.
It is clear that Paul loves the people he is writing. He begins to give some important instructions.In rapid fire fashion he reminds us of the following:
• Move toward unity.
• Help each others move toward unity.
• We are all fellow workers and our names are in the Book of Life
• Rejoice always. This is important – rejoice.
• Be gentle – The Lord is at hand. God is watching every conversation and encouter and He is looking for gentleness.
• Don’t worry. Pray with thanksgiving – this is the way to let peace guard your heart.
• Be careful what you think about.
These few statements put into practice could revolutionize our lives. I need to give them all more attention.
Reading for Day 8